Home | My Twitter | Email: rodolfojreregia[at]yahoo.com |

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Reading Challenge Day 10: L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

When one would say classical, I would automatically say that its old, boring and outdated. No matter how good a classic is, I really find a hard time adjusting to its prose that I end up taking too long to finish it. But once in a blue moon, a classical book simply grabs you and compels you to finish reading it. With that, for Day 10 of my 30 Day Reading Challenge, my favorite classic book is L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.

Dorothy lives a dull life at Texas. However, when she is pulled to a world of Oz, full of wonders and dangers, she longs to get home. And she only can with the help of the of the powerful wizard in the Emerald City. While perils are on the way, Dorothy meets unexpected friends, all of whom aims to visit the wizard and "fix" them.

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz is not just a simple adventure story, it is also finding the best out of oneself. Dubbed as the first fairy tale of the West, the prose is simple enough for the young to still appreciate its story without struggling to understand words used in it. For me, this is immortal for its wonderful message that everyone may be imperfect, but still be a perfect friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment


             I heart Validator              Wikipedia Affiliate Button

Personal - Top Blogs Philippines