Home | My Twitter | Email: rodolfojreregia[at]yahoo.com |

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Reading Challenge Day 5: Bob Ong's ABNKKBSNPLAKo?!

Day 5 of the 30 Day Reading Challenge is to talk about the book that makes you happy. However, I find it difficult to limit myself, as I enjoyed reading a lot of books and they had made me very satisfied. But as to be more streamlined (and knowing that I still have to discuss 25 more books, I'll probably pick the one least likely, though still being great, to pop out later), I decided to choose one of the books I greatly enjoyed. Bob Ong's ABNKKBSNPLAKo?!

ABNKKBSNPLAKo?!
ABNKKBSNPLAKo?! details a Filipino's experiences in education starting from day he still poops at school until he graduates and unwittingly experiences teaching.

Bob Ong is one of the most famous Pinoy writer of this generation, he writes this mock autobiography with such wit and humor that you'll find yourself laughing out loud. The book may be a little preachy at the end, but Ong invests much writing about relatable facts and experiences that the reader would suddenly find agreeing with the narrator's philosophies and beliefs. And though its a prose, Ong's brilliance luminates all throughout the small book.

The demographic of the book are those that are already professionals and had studied in public schools. If you are among the demo, you will surely relate to the narrator and enjoy the situations he's in.  I am not sure if those in private schools can "get" the humor and I would NEVER suggest the book to be read by students (though the young can still enjoy it, its nostalgia that makes the book special for me).

If you haven't read about it, go grab a copy. I promise you, you will greatly enjoy this.

No comments:

Post a Comment


             I heart Validator              Wikipedia Affiliate Button

Personal - Top Blogs Philippines