Home | My Twitter | Email: rodolfojreregia[at]yahoo.com |

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Reading Challenge Day 11: The Books I Hate

Hating a book would be like self torture, why not skip what you know will be painful. However, no matter how we avoid them, we sometimes are coerced into a situation where we are required to read an entire book, no matter how we hate doing so.  (BUT, before I roll,  would like to clarify that my hate for these books are relative to my own taste. I would like to simply express my own opinion. If you do not agree with these opinions, feel free to leave a comment.) So, for Day 11 of the 30 Day Reading Challenge, the following are the books I have read and have hated:

  • E. L. James' Fifty Shades of Grey
  • Bob Ong's Alamat ng Gubat - Bob Ong is my favorite Filipino writer. However, I find his first fiction to be a huge miss. I know that this is suppose to be satirical, but I find the jokes about politics and the Philippine society to be humorless and unconvincing. However, Ong redeems himself with his second fiction, the universally loved MACARTHUR.
  • Richard Bach's Jonathan Livingston Seagull - I know I know, who wouldn't love someone who breaks conformity and freedom from routine. However, I did not like the use of the metaphor of seagulls. I know I may sound illogical, but I just hated this book.

Well, may be not hate hate it, but reading them did not bring any pleasure in my side. I'll add more once I remember the other books of if I've read more books.

No comments:

Post a Comment


             I heart Validator              Wikipedia Affiliate Button

Personal - Top Blogs Philippines