Home | My Twitter | Email: rodolfojreregia[at]yahoo.com |

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Reading Challenge Day 2: Books Read More Than 3 Times

For The Reading Challenge Day 2 - a book that you've read more than 3 times, I chose not to limit myself with only one. I have read many good books, and many deserves a second reading, or a third. Sometimes, to simply relax, I would reread my favorite books. So here they are (in no particular order):

  • The Percy Jackson and the Olympians series - yep, I read all 5 books more than three times. Rick Riordan always crack me up with Percy's sarcasm and wry humor. (The Lightning Thief, The Sea of Monsters, The Titan's Curse, The Battle of the Labyrinth and The Last Olympian)
  • The Hunger Games Trilogy - Suzanne Collins really know where how to place cliffhangers every chapter, that with the goal to read only a portion of her book, you end up reading them entirely again. (The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mockingjay)
  • First 3 books of the Odd Thomas series - Yep, I'm a Dean Koontz fan and I hail Odd Thomas. He is the best fictional character IMO. (Odd Thomas, Forever Odd, Brother Odd)
  • Neil Gaiman's Stardust and The Graveyard Book
  • Erich Segal's Love Story - yep, a love story yet the first full length novel I read and still enjoy reading.
  • The Diary of a Wimpy Kid - Jeff Kinney is good and Greg just funny. nuff said. (The Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Rodrick Rules, The Last Straw, Dog Days, The Ugly Truth, Cabin Fever)
  • Robert Fulghum's All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten
  • Sylvia Engdahl's Enchantress from the Stars - why this ain't popular is a mystery to me. Great style of story telling with 3 narratives, one fairy tale like, another sci-fi style. A must read, if you see a copy(I don't have one, but I still do my best to find one).
For the Philippine publications:
  • Bob Ong's books - (ABNKKBSNPLAKo?!, Bakit Baliktad Magbasa and mga Pilipino, Ang Paboritong Libro ni Judas, Stainless Longganisa, MACARTHUR)
  • Trese Series - comics do count, right? Well I have read Budjette Tan's more than 3 times. (Murder on Balete Drive, Unreported Murders, Mass Murders, Last Seen After Midnight, Midnight Tribunal)
Enchantress from the Stars

If you haven't read them yet, these are recommended. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment


             I heart Validator              Wikipedia Affiliate Button

Personal - Top Blogs Philippines